Senior Backend Engineer - B2B
about the role
As we grow and scale as a company, we are looking for a Backend Engineer who can take our services to the next level.
You will be working on a product which will bring buy with one click functionality to every merchant out there. Your team will comprise of Frontend and Backend engineers all masterfully working in sync by our lead engineer extraordinaire. This is truly a product like no other, as every feature you will be developing is a feature which millions of merchants will suddenly have access to, without having to lift a finger. Welcome to the future of ecommerce.
It means working with a team of motivated individuals who are as passionate about the future of commerce and artificial intelligence as we are. And it also means being an equity-holder, a doer, a risk-taker, a leader and an example to others.
what you will be doing:
- Designing and implementing highly scalable cloud solutions that will be used by millions of users
- Maintaining and expanding existing B2B API and supportive microservices
- Designing and implementing our new b2b2c APIs that supports the front end web application
- Working with other teams across the business to integrate services with their systems
- Collaborating with the scrum team for scrum ceremonies, backlog refinement and sprint planning
- Collaborating and aligning with Product
- Extensive experience with Typescript and Node.js
- Experience developing and maintaining public facing APIs
- Experience with AWS cloud services (and/or Azure or GCP)
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments
- Proficient with Microservices architecture and containerisation tools, such as Docker
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code tools
- Creativity in problem solving and algorithmic thinking
- Openness to guide and mentor team members and lead on projects
- Interest in learning new technologies and methodologies
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our principles.
- Absolute work title freedom
- Personal growth Fridays
- Massage therapy sessions
- Group guided meditations
- Team building trips
- Global AI events and conferences
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation