Payment Operations & Risk Associate
about the role
We are looking for a Payment Operations & Risk Associate on our New York team to support our end to end payment ops as we continue to rapidly grow and assist in leading the transformation and scaling of payment ops. The Payment Operations & Risk Analyst will be tasked with helping to build the processes, tools, and risk management strategies from the ground up in collaboration with product operations, engineering, customer support, and our business intelligence teams. They will have direct responsibility for daily operational tasks, monitoring impact, reporting progress and status, and communicating requirements and user developments to keep us moving forward.
what you'll do:
- Building out efficient and complex processes and tools to better respond to our payment issues through cross-functional collaboration.
- Research and respond to payment and risk related inquiries in partnership with our customer support staff.
- Manage payment issues as they arise including collecting delinquent payments, managing chargebacks and reversals, handling manual payment flows, and responding to user disputes utilizing our tools which they will help shape (internal and via external providers).
- Contribute to risk strategy by taking detailed learnings and applying them to risk rules and inputs to prevent and detect fraudulent behavior.
- Prepare key metric reports and present findings to influence risk strategy and product decisions
- 1+ years of experience in a payment operations or risk management role, preferably at a consumer facing company
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and self starter able to balance multiple projects
Bonus points if:
- Familiarity with payment networks/systems (Cards and ACH specifically) and rules and broader payment industry trends
- Experience in product or project management to help build our internal tools
- Familiarity with machine learning risk/fraud prevention systems
- Experience with utilizing data reporting tools such as Looker
- Absolute work title freedom
- Fully paid health benefits
- Personal growth Fridays
- Wellness & Education Stipends
- Weekly massage sessions
- Team building trips
- Global events and conferences
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry in office (coffee, tea, fruit, snacks, drinks, you name it)
- Weekly catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation