Full Stack Engineer - ML Team
about the role
As we grow and scale as a company, we are looking for a person passionate about understanding and building systems that can neatly interact with the web.
You will have experience in building websites and backend services, and want to apply that knowledge in a novel way - by using our predictive algorithms to automate ecommerce purchases at scale.
It also means working with a team of motivated people who are as passionate about the future of commerce and artificial intelligence as we are. And it also means being an equity-holder, a doer, a risk-taker, a leader and an example to others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building systems to automate web purchases using machine learning
- Maintaining and expanding upon storage services for products, purchases and training data
- Solve challenges around data collection and execution of automated purchases
- Solve the challenge of scaling and optimising purchase automation services
This is what we think you’ll need:
- Computer Science background or equivalent industry experience
- Strength in at least one popular programming language - we use Python and Typescript extensively.
- Experience with building websites, or a strong appreciation of how the technologies involved work
- Experience with modern UI frameworks (we build more than just dashboards!)
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Creativity in problem solving and algorithmic thinking
- Openness to help teammates grow and achieve their goals
These are nice to haves:
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes
- Experience working alongside a data science team
- Experience with web automation - this isn’t a QA role, but maybe you’ve used Selenium or other technologies before to scrape or test websites
- Comfort dealing with open and ill-defined problems - there is a lot of scope to drive direction if you’re willing to take the initiative
- Absolute work title freedom
- Personal growth Fridays
- Massage therapy sessions
- Group guided meditations
- Team building trips
- Global AI events and conferences
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation