Full Stack Engineer - Consumer US
about the role
As we grow and scale as a company, we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who can take our services to the next level. Our user base, number of clients and services are continuously growing and we need you to be at the forefront of developing, maintaining and improving our services whilst not compromising on code quality, development culture and security of our environments.
Our Payments team consists of creating and improving payment options within the app - such as the launch of our own Pay Later - as well as other monetization opportunities for users and the business - such as purchasing rewards, cash back and a digital wallet.
It means working with a team of motivated individuals who are as passionate about the future of commerce and artificial intelligence as we are. And it also means being an equity-holder, a doer, a risk-taker, a leader and an example to others.
what you will be doing:
- Designing and implementing highly scalable cloud solutions that will be used by millions of users
- Maintaining and expanding our payments services
- Designing and implementing internal tools that will be used by our internal operations
- Working with other teams across the business to integrate services with their systems
- Collaborating with the scrum team for scrum ceremonies, backlog refinement and sprint planning
- Work closely with Product, DevOps, QA, Front End and Backend Engineers
- Extensive experience with React, we use Next.js
- Extensive experience with Typescript and Node.js
- Experience with AWS cloud services (and/or Azure or GCP)
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments and distributed systems
- Proficient with Microservices architecture and containerisation tools, such as Docker
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code tools
- Creativity in problem solving and algorithmic thinking
- Openness to guide and mentor team members and lead on projects
- Interest in learning new technologies and methodologies
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our principles.
- Absolute work title freedom
- Personal growth Fridays
- Massage therapy sessions
- Group guided meditations
- Team building trips
- Global AI events and conferences
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation