about the role
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture of our Consumer Engineering team. You will empower your teams to continuously improve their processes. You will build & scale the Engineering function in NYC while collaborating with Engineering leadership in London.
what you'll do:
- Manage and grow a team of software engineers working on the consumer side of the nate app.
- Establish processes to effectively improve engineering and operational excellence.
- Partner closely with Recruiting to effectively identify and hire strong software engineers to help build out our NYC engineering team.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team.
- Coach and mentor software engineers. Foster their career growth through setting objectives, regular feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Lead by example to actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Drive technical decision making on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to product experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience. Demonstrable experience in having improved reliability and scalability of high traffic applications.
- Experience setting a strong vision and roadmap for the team; Actively involved in setting team’s long term goals and execution plans.
- Experience working across a full web application stack. You understand a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise.
- A strong desire to foster a working environment that’s enriching, inclusive, and safe, where people of all backgrounds and identities feel welcome
- Absolute work title freedom
- Personal growth Fridays
- Massage therapy sessions
- Group guided meditations
- Team building trips
- Global AI events and conferences
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation