about the role
As we continue to grow as a company, the need for maintaining and scaling our services comes with it. We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us improve automation, infrastructure reliability, and to enable our engineering and data science teams to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, and highly available way. This role means working with a team of motivated individuals who are as passionate about the future of commerce and artificial intelligence as we are. And it also means being an equity-holder, a doer, a risk-taker, a leader and an example to others.
what you'll do:
- Work as a shared resource with related teams to make things work - whatever comes your way
- Bring your thirst for Work both collaboratively and independently, supporting our development teams to deploy and maintain services.
- Improve the observability of our systems to support rapid iteration while maintaining stable services.
- Teach and evangelise DevOps best practices across the company.
- Participate in rotating on-call duties and timely post-mortems of production incidents. knowledge to grow and help others grow
- Come up with ideas and improve our environments - be it efficiency, debugging, deployments, logging or resiliency
- Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure (we use AWS)
- Deep knowledge of containerisation and container orchestration (preferably Docker and Kubernetes)
- Strong experience in infrastructure as code (Terraform) and CI/CD (CircleCI)
- Experience managing microservices (scaling, traffic management, deployment strategies)
- Some SRE experience - improving the reliability of systems in production, fixing issues, responding to incidents
- A software development background with the ability to analyse and debug code (we currently use Typescript and Python but also exploring other languages such as Go)
- Experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Bash)
- Absolute work title freedom
- Personal growth Fridays
- Massage therapy sessions
- Group guided meditations
- Team building trips
- Global AI events and conferences
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive compensation